Synonyms and definition of the word or term
- S: (n) vaccina , variola vaccina , variola vaccine , variola vaccinia a local infection induced in humans by inoculation with the virus causing cowpox in order to confer resistance to smallpox; normally lasts three weeks and leaves a pitted scar.
- S: (n) cowpox a viral disease of cattle causing a mild skin disease affecting the udder; formerly used to inoculate humans against smallpox.
- Find out more about Vaccinia on Wikipedia.
- Check out the etymology of Vaccinia on Etymonline.com.
- Photos related to Vaccinia on Instagram...