Synonyms and definition of the word or term
- S: (v) annul , countermand , lift , overturn , repeal , rescind , reverse , revoke cancel officially. (He revoked the ban on smoking | lift an embargo | vacate a death sentence)
- S: (v) give up , renounce , resign leave (a job, post, or position) voluntarily. (She vacated the position when she got pregnant | The chairman resigned when he was found to have misappropriated funds)
- S: (v) abandon , empty leave behind empty; move out of. (You must vacate your office by tonight)
- a:21: resign; renounce; give up; empty; abandon; revoke; annul; lift; countermand; reverse; repeal; overturn; rescind; cancel;i:14; go away;i:15; go forth;i:16; leave;i:17; leave office;i:18; quit;i:19; step down;i:20; strike down;
- Find out more about Vacate on Wikipedia.
- Check out the etymology of Vacate on Etymonline.com.
- Photos related to Vacate on Instagram...