Synonyms and definition of the word or term
- S: (n) thymine a base found in DNA (but not in RNA) and derived from pyrimidine; pairs with adenine.
- S: (n) metric ton , mt , tonne a unit of weight equivalent to 1000 kilograms.
- S: (n) tetraiodothyronine , thyroxin , thyroxine hormone produced by the thyroid glands to regulate metabolism by controlling the rate of oxidation in cells. (thyroxine is 65% iodine)
- S: (n) deoxythymidine monophosphate one of the four nucleotides used in building DNA; all four nucleotides have a common phosphate group and a sugar (ribose).
- S: (n) liothyronine , triiodothyronine thyroid hormone similar to thyroxine but with one less iodine atom per molecule and produced in smaller quantity; exerts the same biological effects as thyroxine but is more potent and briefer.
- Find out more about T on Wikipedia.
- Check out the etymology of T on Etymonline.com.
- Photos related to T on Instagram...