Synonyms and definition of the word or term
- S: (n) entropy , randomness (thermodynamics) a thermodynamic quantity representing the amount of energy in a system that is no longer available for doing mechanical work. (entropy increases as matter and energy in the universe degrade to an ultimate state of inert uniformity)
- S: (n) sec , second 1/60 of a minute; the basic unit of time adopted under the Systeme International d'Unites.
- S: (n) mho , reciprocal ohm , siemens a unit of conductance equal to the reciprocal of an ohm.
- S: (n) atomic number 16 , sulfur , sulphur an abundant tasteless odorless multivalent nonmetallic element; best known in yellow crystals; occurs in many sulphide and sulphate minerals and even in native form (especially in volcanic regions).
- S: (n) due south , south , southward the cardinal compass point that is at 180 degrees.
- Find out more about S on Wikipedia.
- Check out the etymology of S on Etymonline.com.
- Photos related to S on Instagram...