Synonyms and definition of the word or term
- S: (n) entropy , randomness (thermodynamics) a thermodynamic quantity representing the amount of energy in a system that is no longer available for doing mechanical work. (entropy increases as matter and energy in the universe degrade to an ultimate state of inert uniformity)
- S: (n) sec , second 1/60 of a minute; the basic unit of time adopted under the Systeme International d'Unites.
- S: (n) mho , reciprocal ohm , siemens a unit of conductance equal to the reciprocal of an ohm.
- S: (n) atomic number 16 , sulfur , sulphur an abundant tasteless odorless multivalent nonmetallic element; best known in yellow crystals; occurs in many sulphide and sulphate minerals and even in native form (especially in volcanic regions).
- S: (n) due south , south , southward the cardinal compass point that is at 180 degrees.
- a:25: second; sec; sulfur; S; sulphur; atomic number 16; south; due south; southward; mho; siemens; reciprocal ohm; randomness; entropy;i:14; alphabetic character;i:15; cardinal compass point;i:16; chemical element;i:17; conductance unit;i:18; element;i:19; letter;i:20; letter of the alphabet;i:21; letter s;i:22; physical property;i:23; time unit;i:24; unit of time;
- Find out more about S on Wikipedia.
- Check out the etymology of S on Etymonline.com.
- Photos related to S on Instagram...