Synonyms and definition of the word or term
- S: (n) emanation , procession (theology) the origination of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost. (the emanation of the Holy Spirit | the rising of the Holy Ghost | the doctrine of the procession of the Holy Spirit from the Father and the Son)
- S: (n) ascension , ascent , rising a movement upward. (they cheered the rise of the hot-air balloon)
- S: (n) lift a wave that lifts the surface of the water or ground.
- S: (n) boost , cost increase , hike an increase in cost. (they asked for a 10% rise in rates)
- S: (n) acclivity , ascent , climb , raise , upgrade an upward slope or grade (as in a road). (the car couldn't make it up the rise)
- S: (n) advance increase in price or value. (the news caused a general advance on the stock market)
- S: (n) ascending , ascension , ascent the act of changing location in an upward direction.
- S: (n) hike , raise , salary increase , wage hike , wage increase the amount a salary is increased. (he got a 3% raise | he got a wage hike)
- S: (n) rising slope , upgrade the property possessed by a slope or surface that rises.
- S: (v) heighten become more extreme. (The tension heightened)
- S: (v) arise , develop , grow , originate , spring up , uprise come into existence; take on form or shape. (A new religious movement originated in that country | a love that sprang up from friendship | the idea for the book grew out of a short story | An interesting phenomenon uprose)
- S: (v) come up , rise up , surface come to the surface.
- S: (v) ascend , come up , uprise come up, of celestial bodies. (The sun also rises | The sun uprising sees the dusk night fled... | Jupiter ascends)
- S: (v) arise , get up , turn out , uprise get up and out of bed. (I get up at 7 A.M. every day | They rose early | He uprose at night)
- S: (v) climb , mount , wax go up or advance. (Sales were climbing after prices were lowered)
- S: (v) climb , go up increase in value or to a higher point. (prices climbed steeply | the value of our house rose sharply last year)
- S: (v) prove increase in volume. (the dough rose slowly in the warm room)
- S: (v) ascend , move up move to a better position in life or to a better job. (She ascended from a life of poverty to one of great renown)
- S: (v) arise , come up , go up , lift , move up , uprise move upward. (The fog lifted | The smoke arose from the forest fire | The mist uprose from the meadows)
- S: (v) resurrect , uprise return from the dead. (Christ is risen! | The dead are to uprise)
- S: (v) climb up , jump rise in rank or status. (Her new novel jumped high on the bestseller list)
- S: (v) arise , get up , stand up , uprise rise to one's feet. (The audience got up and applauded)
- S: (v) lift , rear rise up. (The building rose before them)
- S: (v) arise , rebel , rise up take part in a rebellion; renounce a former allegiance.
- a:39: ascent; ascension; ascending; acclivity; raise; climb; upgrade; rising; wage hike; hike; wage increase; salary increase; rising slope; lift;i:14; emanation;i:15; procession;i:16; boost;i:17; cost increase;i:18; advance;i:19; change of location;i:20; emergence;i:21; grade;i:22; growth;i:23; inception;i:24; incline;i:25; increase;i:26; increment;i:27; motion;i:28; move;i:29; movement;i:30; moving ridge;i:31; origin;i:32; origination;i:33; outgrowth;i:34; side;i:35; slope;i:36; step-up;i:37; travel;i:38; wave; ant; descent; fall; a:48: rise; lift; arise; move up; go up; come up; uprise; climb; get up; stand up; rear; surface; rise up; originate;i:14; develop;i:15; spring up;i:16; grow;i:17; ascend;i:18; wax;i:19; mount;i:20; heighten;i:21; turn out;i:22; jump;i:23; climb up;i:24; rebel;i:25; prove;i:26; resurrect;i:27; appear;i:28; become;i:29; change;i:30; change posture;i:31; come back;i:32; dissent;i:33; get back;i:34; go;i:35; go back;i:36; increase;i:37; locomote;i:38; look;i:39; move;i:40; protest;i:41; resist;i:42; return;i:43; seem;i:44; tackle;i:45; take on;i:46; travel;i:47; undertake; ant; fall; go to bed; lie down; set; sit down; turn in; wane; rel; rise up;
- Find out more about Rise on Wikipedia.
- Check out the etymology of Rise on Etymonline.com.
- Photos related to Rise on Instagram...