Synonyms and definition of the word or term
- S: (n) stride , tread a step in walking or running.
- S: (n) yard a unit of length equal to 3 feet; defined as 91.44 centimeters; originally taken to be the average length of a stride.
- S: (n) footstep , step , stride the distance covered by a step. (he stepped off ten paces from the old tree and began to dig)
- S: (n) gait the rate of moving (especially walking or running).
- S: (n) tempo the rate of some repeating event.
- S: (n) rate the relative speed of progress or change. (he lived at a fast pace | he works at a great rate | the pace of events accelerated)
- S: (v) step measure (distances) by pacing. (step off ten yards)
- gait; footstep; step; stride; rate; tread; tempo; yard; indefinite quantity; linear unit; temporal property; step; determine; go; influence; locomote; measure; mold; move; quantify; regulate; shape; travel; walk;
- Find out more about Pace on Wikipedia.
- Check out the etymology of Pace on Etymonline.com.
- Photos related to Pace on Instagram...