Synonyms and definition of the word or term
- S: (n) cab , taxi , taxicab a car driven by a person whose job is to take passengers where they want to go in exchange for money.
- S: (n) hack writer , literary hack a mediocre and disdained writer.
- S: (n) machine politician , political hack , ward-heeler a politician who belongs to a small clique that controls a political party for private rather than public ends.
- S: (n) jade , nag , plug an old or over-worked horse.
- S: (n) drudge , hacker one who works hard at boring tasks.
- S: (v) cut be able to manage or manage successfully. (I can't hack it anymore | she could not cut the long days in the office)
- S: (v) whoop cough spasmodically. (The patient with emphysema is hacking all day)
- S: (v) chop cut with a hacking tool.
- S: (v) hack on fix a computer program piecemeal until it works. (I'm not very good at hacking but I'll give it my best)
- S: (v) cut up significantly cut up a manuscript.
- a:31: drudge; hacker; machine politician; ward-heeler; political hack; hack writer; literary hack; cab; taxi; taxicab; jade; nag; plug; author;i:14; auto;i:15; automobile;i:16; car;i:17; Equus caballus;i:18; horse;i:19; machine;i:20; motorcar;i:21; mount;i:22; pol;i:23; political leader;i:24; politician;i:25; politico;i:26; riding horse;i:27; saddle horse;i:28; tool;i:29; unskilled person;i:30; writer; a:19: chop; cut; hack on; cut up; whoop; contend; cope; cough; deal; edit; foul; get by; grapple; make do;i:14; make out;i:15; manage;i:16; program;i:17; programme;i:18; redact; rel; chop down; chop off; chop up;
- Find out more about Hack on Wikipedia.
- Check out the etymology of Hack on Etymonline.com.
- Photos related to Hack on Instagram...