Synonyms and definition of the word or term
- S: (n) cab , taxi , taxicab a car driven by a person whose job is to take passengers where they want to go in exchange for money.
- S: (n) hack writer , literary hack a mediocre and disdained writer.
- S: (n) machine politician , political hack , ward-heeler a politician who belongs to a small clique that controls a political party for private rather than public ends.
- S: (n) jade , nag , plug an old or over-worked horse.
- S: (n) drudge , hacker one who works hard at boring tasks.
- S: (v) cut be able to manage or manage successfully. (I can't hack it anymore | she could not cut the long days in the office)
- S: (v) whoop cough spasmodically. (The patient with emphysema is hacking all day)
- S: (v) chop cut with a hacking tool.
- S: (v) hack on fix a computer program piecemeal until it works. (I'm not very good at hacking but I'll give it my best)
- S: (v) cut up significantly cut up a manuscript.
- Find out more about Hack on Wikipedia.
- Check out the etymology of Hack on Etymonline.com.
- Photos related to Hack on Instagram...