Synonyms and definition of the word or term
- S: (n) enthalpy , heat content , total heat (thermodynamics) a thermodynamic quantity equal to the internal energy of a system plus the product of its volume and pressure. (enthalpy is the amount of energy in a system capable of doing mechanical work)
- S: (n) atomic number 1 , hydrogen a nonmetallic univalent element that is normally a colorless and odorless highly flammable diatomic gas; the simplest and lightest and most abundant element in the universe.
- S: (n) henry a unit of inductance in which an induced electromotive force of one volt is produced when the current is varied at the rate of one ampere per second.
- S: (n) planck's constant the constant of proportionality relating the energy of a photon to its frequency; approximately 6.626 x 10^-34 joule-second.
- Find out more about H on Wikipedia.
- Check out the etymology of H on Etymonline.com.
- Photos related to H on Instagram...