Synonyms and definition of the word or term
- S: (n) grimace a contorted facial expression. (she made a grimace at the prospect)
- S: (n) case , font , fount , typeface a specific size and style of type within a type family.
- S: (n) side a surface forming part of the outside of an object. (he examined all sides of the crystal | dew dripped from the face of the leaf | they travelled across the face of the continent)
- S: (n) boldness , brass , cheek , nerve impudent aggressiveness. (I couldn't believe her boldness | he had the effrontery to question my honesty)
- S: (n) aspect , expression , facial expression , look the feelings expressed on a person's face. (a sad expression | a look of triumph | an angry face)
- S: (n) human face the front of the human head from the forehead to the chin and ear to ear. (he washed his face | I wish I had seen the look on his face when he got the news)
- S: (v) front , look be oriented in a certain direction, often with respect to another reference point; be opposite to. (The house looks north | My backyard look onto the pond | The building faces the park)
- S: (v) confront , face up deal with (something unpleasant) head on. (You must confront your problems | He faced the terrible consequences of his mistakes)
- S: (v) confront oppose, as in hostility or a competition. (You must confront your opponent | Jackson faced Smith in the boxing ring | The two enemies finally confronted each other)
- S: (v) confront , present present somebody with something, usually to accuse or criticize. (We confronted him with the evidence | He was faced with all the evidence and could no longer deny his actions | An enormous dilemma faces us)
- Find out more about Face on Wikipedia.
- Check out the etymology of Face on Etymonline.com.
- Photos related to Face on Instagram...