Synonyms and definition of the word or term
D And C
- S: (n) dilatation and curettage , dilation and curettage a surgical procedure usually performed under local anesthesia in which the cervix is dilated and the endometrial lining of the uterus is scraped with a curet; performed to obtain tissue samples or to stop prolonged bleeding or to remove small tumors or to remove fragments of placenta after childbirth or as a method of abortion.
- dilation and curettage; dilatation and curettage; D and C; operation; surgery; surgical operation; surgical procedure; surgical process;
- Find out more about D And C on Wikipedia.
- Check out the etymology of D And C on Etymonline.com.
- Photos related to D And C on Instagram...