Synonyms and definition of the word or term
- S: (n) cytosine a base found in DNA and RNA and derived from pyrimidine; pairs with guanine.
- S: (n) degree celsius , degree centigrade a degree on the centigrade scale of temperature.
- S: (n) ampere-second , coulomb a unit of electrical charge equal to the amount of charge transferred by a current of 1 ampere in 1 second.
- S: (n) ascorbic acid , vitamin c a vitamin found in fresh fruits (especially citrus fruits) and vegetables; prevents scurvy.
- S: (n) atomic number 6 , carbon an abundant nonmetallic tetravalent element occurring in three allotropic forms: amorphous carbon and graphite and diamond; occurs in all organic compounds.
- S: (n) deoxycytidine monophosphate one of the four nucleotides used in building DNA; all four nucleotides have a common phosphate group and a sugar (ribose).
- S: (n) blow , coke , nose candy , snow street names for cocaine.
- S: (n) 100 , century , hundred , one c ten 10s.
- S: (n) light speed , speed of light the speed at which light travels in a vacuum; the constancy and universality of the speed of light is recognized by defining it to be exactly 299,792,458 meters per second.
- Find out more about C on Wikipedia.
- Check out the etymology of C on Etymonline.com.
- Photos related to C on Instagram...