Synonyms and definition of the word or term
- S: (n) adenine (biochemistry) purine base found in DNA and RNA; pairs with thymine in DNA and with uracil in RNA.
- S: (n) angstrom , angstrom unit a metric unit of length equal to one ten billionth of a meter (or 0.0001 micron); used to specify wavelengths of electromagnetic radiation.
- S: (n) antiophthalmic factor , axerophthol , vitamin a any of several fat-soluble vitamins essential for normal vision; prevents night blindness or inflammation or dryness of the eyes.
- S: (n) deoxyadenosine monophosphate one of the four nucleotides used in building DNA; all four nucleotides have a common phosphate group and a sugar (ribose).
- S: (n) amp , ampere the basic unit of electric current adopted under the Systeme International d'Unites. (a typical household circuit carries 15 to 50 amps)
- S: (n) group a , type a the blood group whose red cells carry the A antigen.
- Find out more about A on Wikipedia.
- Check out the etymology of A on Etymonline.com.
- Photos related to A on Instagram...